Ccotbbat's Paper Window is a fascinating blend of animation and interactive performance. The story emerges from a white wall, almost like a sketchbook coming to life! Performers and the audience seem to jump into and out of the sketchbook, to journey on together. The
production neatly balances the digital & analogue, play & drawing, story-telling & media art and mixes humour, technology and artistry to
make it a memorable experience for the audience. Paper Window will be presented in three cities in India - Chennai, Bangalore and Kochi -
in July 2016.
Paper Window is a multi-disciplinary performance that transports performer and audience alike through an imaginary and often humorous world, created out of the real-time actions of the performer, the drawings of a painter and the participation of the audience.
The audience immerse themselves in intriguing stories and interactive moments as a bare white wall becomes an infinite canvas, bound only by the imaginations of everyone present.
Age: 4 upwards and for the whole family
Language: Non-verbal with a brief introduction and some instructions in English.
Duration: 60 minutes
CCOTBBAT, a visual theatre company based in Seoul, Korea, is a professional arts group that integrates fine arts and theatre for young
audiences and organizes educational exhibitions. The company aims to create experienceľoriented arts and has been invited by numerous
international festivals Europe, Asia and South America and has received various prestigious awards, such as the Seoul Children's Theatre Awards and World Puppetry Congress award for 'Excellent Visual Effects'.
- 2012 Best Production & Best Performer & Best Audience Award at the 21st Seoul Children's Theatre Awards at the ASSITEJ Korea International Summer Festival
- 2012 World Puppetry Congress (Chengdu, China)- Excellent Visual Effect Award
- 2010 Gimcheon National Theater Festival For Family- Best Actor Award
- 2009 Seoul Children's Theatre Award Most Popular Show Award
Official Invitation :
- 2015 'El Centro Cultural PresidenteNÚstor Kirchner' in Buenos Aires, 'Festival Internacional del Teatro' in Formosa, 'Teatro Real' in Cordoba
(Argentina) _ Tour!
- 2015 ISTANBUL International Puppet Festival (Turkey)
- 2014 KAOHSIUNG Children's Art Education Festival (Taiwan)
- 2013 OSAKA Intenational Art Festival for Kids 'Tact-Fest' (Japan)
- 2012 Flipside Festival by Esplanade (Singapore)
- And to Festivals in Romania, Turkey, Israel, China, Korea.
Cheol-sung Lee Director / Creator
Cheol-sung Lee combines poetry, art and performance in his artistic pursuits. Having graduated from Seoul National University's Department of French Language and Literature and specializing in French poetry at a graduate level, he has published two collections of poetry. Additionally, he majored in directing and acting at 'The School of Visual Theater' - in Israel, which focuses on a combination of visual arts and theatre. At present, he is the Director of CCOT (Visual Theater troupe) and CCOTBBAT (Space for Experiential Art) and is working on experimental
productions that integrate poetry, installation, and performance.
The Little Festival on 14, 15 & 16 July, 2016,
at The Museum Theatre, Chennai.
School Show: 11.00 am on 14 & 15 July, 2016.
General Show: 7.00 pm on 16 July, 2016.
To book tickets, log on to www.explara.com or call 044-28211115 or +91 9677125738.
The AHA! Festival on 18 July 2016,
at Ranga Shankara, Bangalore.
General Show: 7.30 pm
To book tickets, log on to www.rangashankara.org www.bookmyshow.com or call T: +91 80 2649 3982.
Wednesday, 20 July 2016,
at Choice School, Kochi.
School Show: 11 am
For further information, please contact Choice School - T: 0484 2775692, 2779057 or www.choiceschool.com